Re: [Handle-info] is rfc3651 still up to date?

Also: you might find the JSON API instructive:

https://hdl.handle.net/api/handles/0.NA/11353?type=HS_SITE&pretty

Robert

On Mar 18, 2021, at 11:15 AM, Robert R Tupelo-Schneck <schneck@cnri.reston.va.us> wrote:

A new specification to replace the Handle RFCs is a project of current interest to both CNRI and DONA.  I can't currently give any accurate time estimates on when that will be available, however.

Tibor's advice to use the Handle.Net source code is useful.  Also, please feel free to ask any and all questions here, or by emailing me directly.

We would also be interested to hear your motivation -- simple curiosity, or are you developing some new software to make use of Handle?

This short list of errata for the HS_SITE section of RFC 3651 should help:

- The HS_SITE version is 1, not 0.
- The first bit of PrimaryMask is PrimarySite and the second bit is MultiPrimary.
- IPv4 addresses are encoded not as ::FFFF:xxxx:xxxx but as ::xxxx:xxxx.
- In ServiceType, 1 is admin, 2 is query, 3 is both.
- In TransmissionProtocol, 0 is UDP, 1 is TCP, 2 is HTTP.
- CERT.X509 was never implemented.
- Hashing uses only the last (least significant) four bytes of the 16-byte MD5 hash.

Best,
Robert