Re: [Handle-info] Error encoding public session key

This is caused by using an older version of the Handle.Net software together with a newer version of Java.

(1) Upgrade your Handle.Net software to v8 or v9 (possibly on both server and client);
(2) downgrade Java to v7 or an earlier version of v8 (again, possibly on both server and client); or
(3) change the java commands to use the system property "jdk.crypto.KeyAgreement.legacyKDF=true" (e.g. "java -Djdk.crypto.KeyAgreement.legacyKDF=true"), again possibly on both server and client.

We do not currently make available a handle service that can perform creations and runs as a servlet application in for example Tomcat.  So it seems likely to me that your Tomcat proxy is acting as a client to a separate hdl-server process (possibly even on a separate machine).  The hdl-server process could be upgraded to v8 or v9, but we would need to know the vendor of the Tomcat proxy service to know whether it has an upgraded version which supports the most recent Java; adding the system property to Tomcat configuration may be an easier solution in that case.

Robert