Re: [Handle-info] Some questions about bootstrap_handles

(1) The 0.0/0.0 handle record contains certificate information which is currently used internally by DONA and the MPAs.  It is possible that in the future use of this might be more widespread as a way for clients to validate signed handle records.

0.NA/0.NA contains information about the GHR servers, via both HS_SITE values and HS_SERV values.

(2) Legacy clients only looked at HS_SITE values in the 0.NA/0.NA; current clients also use HS_SERV values.  Sites which are only referenced via HS_SERV will not be used by legacy clients.  I do not have information about why certain sites are specifically made available to legacy clients.

(3) In an HS_SITE "alt_addr" can be used to indicate a second IP address; notably it is used to indicate that a site is reachable over both IPv4 and IPv6.

I suggest you contact your MPA for more specifics about the structure of the GHR.

Robert