[Handle-info] Python library for interaction with Handle Servers

Dear all,

within the EU project EUDAT, we have developed a generic Python library for interaction with Handle System servers (requiring v8.1). We think this can be useful to anyone from the larger Handle System user community who aims to develop Python-based tools or services against the Handle System. The source code is freely available from GitHub [1] under an Apache 2 license; the documentation is currently hosted as GitHub pages [2].

The features of the library include:
- Interaction with the HS REST API for create, read, update and delete actions of Handles
- Management of 10320/loc entries
- Multiple authentication options, including secret key and certificate-based authentication - Optional support for local Handle server searching using an additional Java servlet

For the future, we also plan to upload this to the Python Package Index (PyPI) so it can be easily installed via pip.

Best, Tobias

[1] https://github.com/EUDAT-B2SAFE/B2HANDLE
[2] http://eudat-b2safe.github.io/B2HANDLE/

--
Tobias Weigel
Abteilung Datenmanagement

Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum GmbH (DKRZ)
Bundesstraße 45 a • 20146 Hamburg • Germany

Phone:  +49 40 460094-104
Email:  weigel@dkrz.de
ORCID:  orcid.org/0000-0002-4040-0215

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Thomas Ludwig
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 39784