Re: [Handle-info] Turning off DSpace Handle from the outside

I'm not quite sure that I understand the question, but DSpace doesn't mind how the public resolves its handles.  As long as the "http://hdl.handle.net/1811/123"; gets users one way or another to the 1811/123 item at your DSpace web server, it shouldn't matter how that is done.  The handle plugin that comes with DSpace is just one way to do that.

Robert