Re: [Handle-info] Best practices for test handles

One system I have worked with assigns but does not register handles in its sandbox environment.  In fact, the sandbox is periodically refreshed with recent production data, so that "sandbox handles" largely overlap with "production handles".  This is probably the simplest arrangement, and if you do not need registered handles for your sandbox, I recommend it.

Any of your suggestions would work.  The only real problem is if a sandbox handle somehow escapes into the wild such that people expect it to resolve.
Probably that is unlikely as long as your sandbox environment makes it reasonably obvious that it is not production data.

Robert