Re: [Handle-info] Question about DSpace as a handle server

On 10/10/13 19:26, Doug Stanley wrote:
Hello List,

I'm new to handle servers and dspace as well.

So we have a handle prefix, and we're currently using dspace with it's
built in handle server.

The question I was asked, and I'm looking for some input on, is if we
want to move items out of our dspace, and into some one else's, can we
set up some kind of handle redirect? So the handles for a given item
follow it, even if it moves to a different dspace install with a
different handle prefix?

I hope my question makes sense.

I does make sense... and the answer is that your handle server accepts the old DSpace handles, and redirects them to the new handles, which then redirect to the article

Its a fundamental, built-in, concept in the Handle system..... or at least, I read it that way :)

--

Ian Stuart.
EDINA,

http://edina.ac.uk/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.