[Handle-info] Fwd: Handle custom type registration

Hello,

At the PILIN project, we are developing some demonstrator applications
 based on Handles that require new custom Handle types. We would like
to identify and manage the custom types within the Handle System by
giving them their own Handles, which may be managed locally instead or
centrally. Is there any best practice or guidelines for doing this?

Based on CNRI practice for 0.TYPE, and practice implicit in CNRI's
recent use of 100.TYPES, we have been considering the following
convention:

    * A Handle type is labelled through a Handle identifier, encoded
as Naming Authority + "/" + Handle suffix.
    * The Handle identifier for a Handle type is preferably stored on
a Handle server dedicated to types.That server can be any local Handle
server.
    * The Handle server dedicated to types should be named with the
suffix ".TYPE".
    * The Handle record defining the type shall consist of a DESC
field giving a prose description of the type.
    * The Handle server 0.TYPE is implicit. So the type URL is
interpreted as hdl:0.TYPE/URL , whereas the type 102.100.TYPE/URL is
interpreted as hdl:102.100.TYPE/URL.

Any thoughts?

--
===