Re: [Handle-info] Question about the handle root

Indeed, looking at the bootstrap_handles from the published source in the handle.net software downloads is right.

You can also obtain the data by performing the resolutions, for example
https://hdl.handle.net/api/handles/0.NA/0.NA?pretty
https://hdl.handle.net/api/handles/0.0/0.0?pretty

Best,
Robert

On Fri, May 7, 2021 at 7:15 AM Gerhard Gonter <ggonter@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, May 7, 2021 at 12:46 PM 范志朋 <fzp375174288@163.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> For domain names, we can easily get the data of DNS root zone.
> E.g: https://www.internic.net/domain/root.zone
>
> I want to know what data the handle root node is made of, and how to get these data.

That's right, a handle client needs to bootstrap with some kind of
root info, so the two libraries at the client download area on
handle.net [1] have such files.  The Java library "Client Library
(ver. 9.3.0) — Java™ Version", for instance, uses the JSON file
src/main/java/net/handle/etc/bootstrap_handles .  Also, the C library
has a file called "root_info.c", however, this version is massively
outdated.

* [1] http://handle.net/client_download.html

Hope that helps and regards, Gerhard Gonter