Re: [Handle-info] Question

By "valid" do you mean a handle that resolves?  You can use the Java client library to resolve the handle, or use hdl.handle.net, for example by checking https://hdl.handle.net/api/handles/your-handle.  For the example you gave, you could use https://hdl.handle.net/api/handles/10.198.283.19/ .

Note that 10.198.283.19/ could in principle be a valid, resolvable handle, though it would be a very unusual one.

Also note that many handles do not start with 10.  You are probably thinking of DOIs, which use handle technology but are only a subset of handles.

Robert