[Handle-info] Question

Dear Sir/Madam,

Is there a way to programmatically determine if a string is a valid handle? I’m thinking of a library or API. I’ve checked out the Java client library at (http://www.handle.net/client_download.html) but didn’t find anything useful. Currently, my code checks whether a string starts with “10.” and contains a “/” but what if another string has these characteristics but is not a handle, like “10.198.283.19/”? At our organization we filter out handles from many different strings.

Groet/kind regards,

Jing Ma

Software Engineer