From: Robert R Tupelo-Schneck <schneck@cnri.reston.va.us>
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2020 9:56 AM
To: Kun Lin <link@whitman.edu>
Cc: Handle-Info@cnri.reston.va.us
Subject: Re: [Handle-info] 14.6.3 Basic Access Authentication

You create a handle record with an HS_SECKEY value.  So you'll need to
bootstrap, probably using the hdl-admintool and the 300:0.NA/YOUR_PREFIX
authentication.  Create a handle, such as YOUR_PREFIX/ADMIN, and give it an
HS_SECKEY value at the conventional index 300.  You'll also need to ensure
that YOUR_PREFIX/ADMIN is authorized, which you could do by adding
"YOUR_PREFIX/ADMIN" to "server_admins" in config.dct, and restarting the
handle server.

For Basic auth, the "username" will be the handle (such as
YOUR_PREFIX/ADMIN) and the password will be the data of the HS_SECKEY value.

Robert