[Handle-info] Transition from (old) DSpace instance to standalone Handle server

Hi,

We will be shutting down our old DSpace instance, and need to setup a standalone Handle server for the handles generated under our prefix during the use of DSpace.

What is the best way to transfer the handles to the new instance? Since DSpace is both old and uses a non standard Handle server, I’m not sure if using mirroring is an option.

I’m comfortable extracting the handles from DSpace myself and have seen that I can do batch import into the handle server, but can I issue CREATE for already existing handles without unwanted side effects?

And how do I setup the new instance so I can prepare it without taking over the prefix until it’s ready?

Kind regards
/Daniel

—
Daniel Sandbecker, Systems Librarian