Re: [Handle-info] Release of Handle.Net v9.1.0

Thanks a lot.

Kun

From: Robert R Tupelo-Schneck <schneck@cnri.reston.va.us>
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 2:53 PM
To: Kun Lin <link@whitman.edu>
Cc: Handle-Info <handle-info@cnri.reston.va.us>
Subject: Re: [Handle-info] Release of Handle.Net v9.1.0

Interestingly, it is blocking at java.security.SecureRandom.generateSeed.  This by default uses /dev/random which will block on Linux waiting for sufficient entropy.  You could try to generate some entropy by doing other things on the machine.  There are a couple of workarounds here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/137212/how-to-solve-slow-java-securerandom which include

(1) Install the haveged daemon to ensure sufficient entropy

or

(2) use -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/./urandom so that Java uses less strong randomness.

Robert