Re: [Handle-info] custom domain name for handle?

That's my thoughts too. If my handle server goes down, the hdl.hanle.net URL will stop working too.
Kun

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018, 8:23 AM Jack Hill <jackhill@duke.edu> wrote:
On Thu, 21 Jun 2018, Robert R Tupelo-Schneck wrote:

> You should note that one benefit of using hdl.handle.net is a strong institutional commitment to persistence which is backed up by its widespread use across many communities.
>  hdl.handle.net links are very likely to continue to work as long as there are significant communities of handle users.  It may be more difficult for a single institution using
> handles to make strong claims about persistence.
> Robert

This raises a question: what happens if my institution is no longer able
to run our handle server? Naïvely, I assume that our handles would not
persist. What really happens in that case?

Best,