[Handle-info] Expressing handles as URIs

What is the best practice to express a handle as a URI? We've been using the convention "hdl:NA/XXXX..." for a while now, but reading through the handle RFCs and past list traffic, it looks like there is not an official "hdl" URI scheme, but that handles could be expressed within the info URI scheme (i.e. "info:hdl/NA/XXXX..."), as the "hdl" namespace is registered in the "info" registry[1].

We would like to use handles as PREMIS object identifiers, and express fragments as part of an identifier (not necessarily locatable, but that's okay -- these are URIs, not URLs). I'm wondering if this is legal:

"hdl:NA/XXXXX#FRAGMENT"

or if this is preferred:

"info:hdl/NA/XXXXXX#FRAGMENT" (per the info URI schema).

[1] http://info-uri.info/registry/OAIHandler?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=oai_dc

thanks,

-- Scott

--