Re: [Handle-info] curl examples with certificates to talk to the handle RESTFUL API

Once you have a properly set up certificate cert.pem and private key privatekey.pem, you can use the following:

curl -i -k --cert cert.pem --key privatekey.pem -H 'Authorization: Handle clientCert="true"' 'https://...:8000/api/handles/...'

To create a PEM file privatekey.pem from a Handle-formatted private key, you can use

hdl-convert-key admpriv.bin -o privatekey.pem

To generate a certificate in the expected format, you can use'

openssl req -new -x509 -key privatekey.pem -subj '/UID=300:YOUR\/HANDLE' -days 3652 -out cert.pem

Here 300:YOUR/HANDLE should be replaced with your handle admin identity; but note that the slash needs to be escaped with a backslash.

Let me know if that works for you!  And apologies for the delayed response.

Robert