Re: [Handle-info] Multiple URL fields

Indeed, if you have only URL values, the proxy will use the location of the first in the order they are returned by the server storage.  (You can use the "index" parameter to the handle proxy to pick a specific one, for instance http://hdl.handle.net/your/handle?index=10 to redirect to the URL at index 10.)

The handle value type 10320/loc was introduced for multiple resolution.  See https://www.handle.net/overviews/handle_type_10320_loc.html

In fact, you can get the proxy to choose randomly from among multiple URL values by introducing a 10320/loc value with no locations (the data of the handle value should be an empty XML element "<locations/>").  That will incorporate the URL values into the 10320/loc logic, instead of using the legacy redirection logic.  So if that is the behavior you want, you can use 10320/loc to achieve it even while still using the URL values to hold the actual redirection locations.

Robert