[Handle-info] Overriding HandleStorage

Hi,

I've overridden the HandleStorage class in Handle Server so that it will attempt to resolve a specific prefix internally, and if it doesn’t resolve, it will attempt to resolve itself, meaning, it runs the normal BDJBEHandleStorage class to resolve it’s own handle.

Here is my new class: https://github.com/lupulin/MultiServerHandleStorage/blob/master/MultiServerHandleStorage.java

My question: it’s pretty quick locally. You can check it:

http://140.254.87.133:8002/1811.1/OSU123 will resolve itself.
http://140.254.87.133:8002/1811.1/1112 will resolve a different handle server.

However, going through hdl.handle.net:

http://hdl.handle.net/1811.1/OSU123 and http://hdl.handle.net/1811.1/1112

Is very, very slow.

My question, is that I’m wondering if there is a way that we can speed up the HandleStorage implementation on our side or if there is nothing we can do. Also, if there is a better way to do what we are attempting.

Our goal is to have 2 handle servers, both with the same prefix, but the one that is publicly available will use our custom HandleStorage class.

Thanks in advance,

Chris