Re: [Handle-info] 132.151.9.184 not responding

This was an error made at CNRI in updating the DNS records, for which we apologize.

The problem could have been noticeable as early as 17:00 (-04:00 time zone) on September 4th, and was fixed within about an hour of Jozef Misutka's message (though with potential delays due to DNS propagation).  Jozef, thank you for the alert.

Although Gerhard Gonter is correct that access to handle servers does not require http://hdl.handle.net, we absolutely intend for it to be a highly available service and that http://hdl.handle.net URLs be systematically usable.  We are investigating ways to improve availability and prevent the occurrence of similar issues in the future.

Robert