Re: [Handle-info] Referer

Jim

My understanding is that this is a client-side issue.

If the request is for a URL from the proxy, it should return a HTTP 30x redirect to a client. The client should then resend the original request with just the resource requested changed (so including the referrer information). If your client is dealing with redirects correctly then any referrers should be available to your server.

Of course that assumes there is a HTTP context in the first place. Links embedded in downloaded PDFs will not have a referrer, for instance as they have no source HTTP context.

Regards

Eamonn

Eamonn Neylon

Publishing Technology Consultant