[Handle-info] Template Handles

Handle server 7.3.1 introduced Template Handles. From the documentation I see how the passed in
parameter can be retrieved from the extension, but I don’t see how the handle attribute values can be
manipulated to replace place holders with the parameters passed in. I only see how to append those
parameter.

For example, say I have a handle with the URL

http://www.library.wisc.edu/collections/<repl1>/item?get=<repl2>

where <repl1> and <repl2> are the two template values that I’d like to resolve from the parameters passed.
Could you provide some examples on how do a replacement like this?

Thank you,
Ev