Re: [Handle-info] Client API

There is a Handle protocol that is defined here:
  http://www.handle.net/rfc/rfc3652.html

I promise there is nothing java-specific about it... certainly no serialised objects :)

There are java and C client libraries available at the link below.  The C client hasn't been updated in a while but still works just fine.

  http://www.handle.net/client_download.html

We have had at least two python implementations over the years, one in pure python and one wrapping the C client using SWIG.  I believe we also used SWIG to wrap the C client.

I thought that the pure Python implementation was publicly available but don't see it on the web site now.  Please let us know if you might be interested in that version.

If you'd like a quick and easy way to script some handle interactions, the hdl-jython interpreter that comes with the java implementation is pretty handy as it runs most python code but makes use of the java API which is the most completely implementation of the handle protocol.

Cheers,
Sean