[Handle-info] Re: Java version

On Mar 5, 2013, at 8:54 AM, Eugene Vilensky <evilensky@gmail.com> wrote:

> i couldn't find this information in either the 7.2 release notes or in the Technical Manual, but is the handle system supported  or known-to-work / known-to-not-work with either sun-java6 or java6-openjdk ?  Sun Java 5 SE has been End of Life for some time now.

Just noticed that Java 6 downloads are in "Archived" status on Oracle.com, and the recommended version of Java is now 7.

My question is the same, is Oracle Java 7 or java7-openjdk supported, works, known to not work?

I'd like to use whichever version of Java is supported by my Linux distribution and as of this writing that is Java 6 or 7 (RHEL 6 x86_64).

Thanks again!
-Eugene