RE: [Handle-info] how to resolve a handle prefix owner?

Hey thanks Sebastian.

In our case, the check was needed to make a switch in our code to get the correct MIME type and code path on our side for retrieving metadata using Content-Negotiation. I know, this is possible by accept header with multiple mime types, but in cases where content negotiation is not supported at all, did not want to bother dx.doi.org. In that case the crossref (with their unixref format) and datacite (with datacite metadata format) were the only 2 choices. As ETH does not have content negotiation, its not a problem at the moment to only detect TIB's server as DataCite :-)

Is there any other most generic way to detect crossref or datacite DOIs through the 0.NA/prefix handle? HS_SERV is always 10.crossref for Crossref, unfortunately DataCite seem to have more than one server.

Uwe

-----
UWE SCHINDLER
Webserver/Middleware Development
PANGAEA - Data Publisher for Earth & Environmental Science
MARUM (Cognium building) - University of Bremen
Room 0510, Hochschulring 18, D-28359 Bremen
Tel.: +49 421 218 65595
Fax:  +49 421 218 65505
http://www.pangaea.de/
E-mail: uschindler@pangaea.de