RE: [Handle-info] Unable to home a primary (v7.0)

Update:

It turned out that the hdl-admintool at some point in the authentication procedure switches the key prefix from "0.NA" (upper case) to "0.na" (lower case).
Then, some part of the homing procedure does authenticate the key (case-insensitive) but fails to recognize it as an authorized key.
The switch is done when presenting a dialogue window, so changing the pre-filled field to upper case gives a good work-around.

Whether this behavior is a bug or an (unintentional) feature is open for debate :-)
The global server is defined to be case-insensitive, a local handle system can choose.
What should be the behavior when one local server matches a handle from another (local) server and the one is case-sensitive and the other is case-insensitive? Should you match according to your own rules or to the others?

Lots of thanks to the CNRI crew who gave quick and friendly support!

Regards, Markus.