Re: [Handle-info] HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily

On 2010-02-08, at 08:02, Hammond, Tony wrote:
> If I try to get a handle through hdl.handle.net (or dx.doi.org) I get a
> Status-Code '302' with the Reason-Phrase 'Moved Temporarily'. (See listing
> at end.)
>
> As far as I can see this Reason-Phrase is wrong.
[...]
> I don't know if this is the correct source:
>
> % grep 302 *
> HdlHttpRequestHandler.java:    out.write("HTTP/1.1 302 Moved
> Temporarily\n");

That bit of source code is active when accessing a handle server directly via web browser on its HTTP interface.  I've changed it so "Found" will be used in the next version.

However, in the case of the proxies (hdl.handle.net and dx.doi.org), the reason-phrase is generated by Tomcat, not our code.

For what it's worth, RFC2616 also says (in section 6.1.1) "The reason phrases listed here are only recommendations -- they MAY be replaced by local equivalents without affecting the protocol."

Thanks,
Robert